making jewellry, keeping myself busy

.

The one thing that keeps me sane these days is making jewellry. I was nervous when I posted letter to England, with the work of my beloved sister and me. what if people don't like it? what if noone buys anything? it's the first time we try to sell any of our work and i can't really emagine anyone paying for my hobby, but now that we're into it, i want to perform perfectly, as always.

i'm trying to learn to forgive myself.

i was slightly worried that the whole thing would turn into a competition between my sister and me, and i really didn't want that. so we discussed this and she's just so easy talking to. it's so relieving to have someone that i can be absolutely honest with. and we discussed it and sorted it all out. and i think we're both satisfied if we sell one single piece.

one good thing about the jewellry making, apart from that we both find it relaxing to work with our hands and it's good for us to have a reason to leave work at an appropriate time, was that it gave us an excuse to see each other more often. i really really love my sister <3 she's also been an unvaluable support these last days when too many things have gone wrong at the same time.

so since i can't sleep at the moment (hmm that's nothing new about that), i've made some more stuff that we didn't send to England. here's my latest piece of work:

I'm actually quite proud X-D

or actually, i have another even newer thing. tonight C and i went to a glass fusing course, that was totally new to me. we chose among small shattered pieces of glass and combined them. then we heated this in an oven and it all melted (fused) together into one single multi-coloured glass stone. totally amazing! we were four people and everyone's work turned out oompletely different and individual, and it all looked good. i can't manage to get a proper photo of it, but the two larger triangles are yellowish green and greenish blue, and the small one in the middle is dark blue. or so they ended up after the heating process - the bottom layer is one big single piece of black glass, then i put the triangle shaped pieces on that and a clear peice of glass diagonal on top of everything. this clear glass has pressed the middle blue thing down, creating a depth in the final product. this was definitively worth trying.


ok time to sleep i suppose, and stop showing off :)

3 Response to "making jewellry, keeping myself busy"

  1. Anonym Says:

    "what if people don't like it? what if noone buys anything?"

    x2... I feel exactly the same, if that's any comfort :)

    kram

  2. Projekt20 Says:

    Jag vill ha bilderna! :) Och jaaaa, jag gillade flygningen oxå. Det var lite utanför det vanliga... så att säga. Att den sötnosen verkligen la sitt liv i mina händer, bara det! :) Tänk om... jag hade tryckt spaken i botten som jag tänkte... (säkert du med). Jag tar gärna adressen till nya bloggen (om jag får). Kram på dig sötis och ses imorgon!

  3. Projekt20 Says:

    oj då, skickade visst kommentaren på fel inlägg... sorry, jag är ju ny på bloggandet...

Skicka en kommentar